Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.

What decisions will you make today?

27 August 2010

in·som·ni·a

Continuing to struggle with the battle for sleep.  I truly had hoped that dumping caffeine would help me with the sleepless nights.  I'm disappointed to report that I have seen NO change with regards to sleep since I quit.  I'm averaging 5 hours of sleep each night, regardless of when I turn in.

Funny.... sleepless nights is one of today's hot topics from:


I've read a lot about insomnia as I've suffered with it -- more on, than off -- for the better part of the past 15 years. The one thing that it always seems to come back to for me is the inability to shut my mind off regardless of making [ineffective] changes....

  • My bedroom is cozy & quiet with no TV.
  • I don't indulge in news or other stimulating stories right before I settle in for the night.
  • I workout in the morning - not before bed.

  • I am a voracious reader; I read every night once I settle in - seems to be the only thing I can do to fall asleep.

One BIG REMINDER I took away from this article today is:  Keeping to a regular sleep schedule throughout the week is beneficial.  I definitely do not turn in early enough on the nights that I don't have to be up early the following day.  Gotta work on this!!


Any other suggestions from those 
suffering from  
sleepless nights????  

I could use all the help I can get!
110 Days & Counting

No comments:

Post a Comment